26 Oct 💯 of The Week: Tami Lau
The goal of 💯 of the week is to showcase the knowledge and specializations of people in the Salesforce, tech, and business communities.
Meet our 💯 of the week for 10/26/2020, Tami Lau. Tami Lau is a Salesforce developer at Presence Product Group by day, and an Oakland user group leader, RAD Women coach, and Amplify regional leader by night. She is a Salesforce MVP somewhere in between. She also makes a mean blueberry pie. Most recently, she was a speaker for the Uniting Minds Summer Camp. Watch her videos below, get to know her, and remember to connect with Tami on LinkedIn and Twitter. Tami is a brilliant developer and a wonderful WITDEVS member!
Get to Know Tami Lau
Presence Product Group
STUDENT/GRADUATE OF A SALESFORCE ECOSYSTEM LEARNING PROGRAM?
Yes! RAD Women Code
Reports and Dashboards, Lightning Experience, Security, Apex, Data Integration, Aura Components, App Customization, Business Administration, Einstein Analytics Data Preparation, Process Automation, Lightning Experience Rollout, Advanced Apex, Lightning Experience Reports & Dashboards, Lightning Web Components
FAVORITE TRAIL AND/OR TRAILMIX
Get Started With Web Accessibility: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/content/learn/trails/get-started-with-web-accessibility. Web accessibility isn’t something I ever thought about, and this trail really opened my eyes to what I could and should be doing to make my apps more accessible.
YOUR SALESFORCE SPECIALIZATION
In no particular order: Apex, Lightning Web Components, Community Cloud
5 AWESOME FACTS ABOUT TAMI
1. Post-college, I worked for the National Park Service as a ranger and lived in the parks for a year.
2. I was once bitten by a Cooper’s Hawk while working as a volunteer raptor bander.
3. The hardest hike I ever did was the Grand Canyon Rim-to-Rim (South to North) in one day.
4. I love to cook, bake, and eat. The top two things I dream about are food and code.
5. I was deathly afraid of water until a few years ago, and took a special course for adults who are afraid of water to get over my fear.
FAVORITE SALESFORCE MASCOT