06 Jan 2020: 100 Days of App Building Guidelines
For 2020, we are adding some additional guidelines to the #100DaysofAppBuilding track to encourage the community to create their own apps with the intention of publishing on the App Exchange. This is meant to encourage you to give app building a try. All skill levels are welcome and will be considered accordingly. You can build an app by yourself or with a team. Since the intent is for your app to be on the AppExchange, you will need to follow the AppExchange guidelines in addition to our rules. Otherwise, you will be disqualified.
1. Teams sizes can be 1-3 individuals.
2. Your entry must be built on the Salesforce Platform with the intention of being published on the AppExchange.
3. Your product must be created by you and your team for this contest. This project must be an original work (that is, not a project created with your team for your workplace.
4. Builders need to join the partner community:
A. Go to the Partner Community and select “Join Now”
This will be used to in order to spin up the Dev/Scratch/Packaging Orgs used for your project.
B. Create new credentials (even if you have pre-existing Salesforce credentials) by selecting “Get a Salesforce User Name)
This will give you access to both Partner Community resources as well as a trial PBO
C. Fill out the form and create a unique user name:
The username format should reflect the name of your company. Examples: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Need additional help with Step 4?
– Step by step instructions can be found in the Partner Community Guide: https://www.appexchangeguides.com/i/1184496-partner-community-user-guide/5?
– AppExchange Onboarding Guide: https://www.appexchangeguides.com/i/1161284-appexchange-isv-onboarding-guide/0?
5. For the purposes of judging this contest, your project must be deliverable as an unmanaged package. Keep in mind that your product will need to be a managed package in order to publish your solution on AppExchange.
Want to know more about managed packages?
– Manage packages: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=managing_packages.htm&type=5
– Build First Generation Managed Packages with Salesforce CLI: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/content/learn/projects/first_generation_managed_packages
– Create and Upload a Managed Package: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.packagingGuide.meta/packagingGuide/packaging_uploading.htm?search_text=managed%20package
6. Does not have to be 100% finished, just enough to show what the final product could do, work in progress is ok. Minimally Viable Product friendly
7. Must complete the Google form at the end of 100 Day challenge
8. Must complete a demo video.
9. Free vs. Paid Solutions
A. Partners may distribute free applications to existing SFDC customers
B. Partner’s distribution of free applications to existing SFDC customers does not require Partner to pay SFDC fees other than Program Fees
C. Free means that customers can install, access, and fully use the features without paying
D. An application is NOT free if t is provided under a “freemium” payment model or if it requires purchase of another application from the applicable Partner
E. SFDC reserves the right in its sole discretion and at any time to determine whether an application is free
More information on the Partner Program Policy: https://c1.sfdcstatic.com/content/dam/web/en_us/www/documents/legal/Agreements/alliance-agreements-and-terms/salesforce_Partner_Program_Agreement.pdf
Demo Video Format
* Intro ( =<1 minute )
* ( 1-2 minute demo )
* What does the app do?
* What problem does it solve?
* ( 1-2 minutes conclusion )
* Why is it better than your competitors?